Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Time goes by far too quickly!

It has been nearly a year since I’ve posted last. Samuel is now 14 months old; on the last post he was three months 3 days old. Man has a lot changed since then.

Sam rarely crawls now; he mostly walks…and runs.

He is so very curious. Anything that is of any interest to him he explores with all senses. If he cannot reach something with his hand, he will try to touch it with his feet…or move it closer to himself using his feet. It’s so fun to watch him explore the world around him.

He loves music, anytime music comes on around him he begins to dance. I can’t help but laugh every time I see his little body move to the music.

He also loves water, in any amount. He likes to move his fingers in a cup of water…or the dog’s bowl if mom isn’t fast enough to move it and he loves his swimming lessons.

He loves babies and other kids. At his swimming lessons he spends much of the time watching the other children. 

He is generous, he loves handing his mama and anyone else who is around things. (Especially the little things he finds on the carpet.)  He also likes to share what he is eating.

He still doesn’t nap much; the only place he will sleep for any long amount of time is in the car.

He is still being breastfed which is something I am very proud of. I intend to breastfeed him until he is two, it’s what is recommended and I want to do the best I can for my son. This wasn’t an easy point to reach…the beginning of our breastfeeding path was full of many negative emotions. But we made it to this point and I feel great pride to still be breastfeeding him at 14 months.

I will try to post more frequently, more about Sam…and more about myself. 

1 comment:

  1. Great job with the breastfeeding and continuing to reach your goal! It is crazy how time flies by and our little babies became toddlers.

    ReplyDelete